Client: Coloured Raine
About Coloured Raine: Coloured Raine is a cruelty free cosmetics brand that has decided to create an edgy cosmetic line that breaks all barriers within the cosmetic world.
URL: https://www.colouredraine.comOur Goal:
They wanted to enhance their website presence in the major search engines with the latest seo technology and coding standards. The following objectives were established:
- – Helping the site appear for more keywords and gain greater visibility
- – Increasing their local visibility in Google as well as local directories
- – Benchmarking the start and outcome of the site’s organic performance
What Our Team Did:
In order to preserve and enhance the site’s organic performance, we did the following before launching the new site:
On-site Optimization – We examined visitor-facing items (things users can see on a website) that help search engines understand the topic of a site and its pages. These on-site optimization items included:
- – Conducting keyword research to discover which terms people were using to find services that Coloured Raine offered.
- – Identifying and implementing SEO technology that would not compromise the new site design.
- – Applied coding/technology changes strategically throughout the site to help search engines determine the topic of each page.
National Online PR Associations – The PR portion of the strategy included finding national resource sites where we could list the company’s business information. National resources help in two major ways:
- – Helping drive additional traffic to the site.
- – Providing local signals to search engines.
Together these factors help sites show up in search engine result pages for more focused searches.
Why We Did What We Did:
Search engines influence commerce and traffic. In order for any site to compete in search engines, they need to follow the strict guidelines outlined by the search engines. These are rules also known as search standards are set by search engines and help websites perform better in the search results. When one of the online marketing goals is to drive traffic from search engines, which was the case for Coloured Raine, then certain technical, on-site and online PR tactics are essential for growth.
By helping evolve Coloured Raine’s keyword and PR strategy we were able to expand their reach and user interaction on the site. Technical optimization also aided in improving search ranking, which helped generate an increase in traffic. Notable results include:
- – Increase of Targeted Keyword phrases listed on page 1.
- – 664.46% increase in non-branded organic traffic*
- – 439.18% increase in new users
- – 459.85% performance increase in total page views by new users once arriving on the website
*Non-branded organic traffic indicates visitors who reached the website used a keyword in a search engine that did not include the name of the brand or company URL.
What We Learned:
A site overhaul with built in SEO technology & elements, when done correctly, can have a significant improvement in a website’s overall organic performance. In this case Coloured Raine’s improved SEO and design worked together to improve the site’s organic visibility and user experience. From this and other cases we’ve learned that the older the domain is, the better the site will perform in the search results. We found that updates designed to improve the user experience must be considered in order to both engage the visitor once they click through from the SERPs (Search Engine Rank Position). Coloured Raine is continuing to reap the benefits of the positive changes to their website and seo campaign.