Client: Artistic Refinishing
About Artistic Refinishing: Artistic Refinishing is a bath tub refinishing & cabinet refinishing company based in Boca Raton, Fl. They are a leader in their industry with over 30 years of experience!
They wanted to enhance their website presence in the major search engines by applying the latest SEO best practices. Artistic Refinishing was struggling in the rankings and needed to undergo a website redevelopment to update the website with the latest technology and coding standards. The following objectives were established:
- – Keeping current rankings in the search results for primary terms
- – Helping the site appear for more keywords and gain greater visibility
- – Increasing their local visibility in Google as well as local directories
- – Benchmarking the start and outcome of the site’s organic performance
What Our Team Did:
In order to preserve and enhance the site’s organic performance, we did the following before launching the new site:
Technical Optimization – This involved behind the scene items (things visitors don’t usually see and should not be noticed by the end user) that give search engines the ability to easily access a website’s coding, content and begin showing a site in the search results. Simple breakdown of the Technical optimization included:
- – Properly installing 301 redirects and canonicals to the right pages.
- – Ensuring proper lead tracking codes were installed.
- – Making sure the website’s robots.txt was accessible to search engines.
- – Setting up Google Webmaster Tools to address any preexisting errors.
- – Conducing our full Multipoint Website Optimization Inspection.
On-site Optimization – We examined visitor-facing items (things users can see on a website) that help search engines understand the topic of a site and its pages. These on-site optimization items included:
- – Conducting keyword research to discover which terms people were using to find services that Artistic Refinishing offered.
- – Identifying and implementing SEO technology that would not compromise the new site design.
- – Applied coding/technology changes strategically throughout the site to help search engines determine the topic of each page.
Local Online PR Associations – The PR portion of the strategy included finding local resource sites where we could list the company’s local business information. Local resources help in two major ways:
- – Helping drive additional traffic to the site.
- – Providing local signals to search engines.
- – Optimized Google “My Business” Page.
Together these two factors help sites show up in search engine result pages for more locally focused searches.
Why We Did What We Did:
Search engines influence commerce and traffic. In order for any site to compete in search engines, they need to follow the strict guidelines outlined by the search engines. These are rules also known as search standards are set by search engines and help websites perform better in the search results. When one of the online marketing goals is to drive traffic from search engines, which was the case for Artistic Refinishing, then certain technical, on-site and online PR tactics are essential for growth.
By helping evolve Artistic Refinishing’s keyword and PR strategy we were able to expand their reach and user interaction on the site. Technical optimization also aided in improving search ranking, which helped generate an increase in traffic. Notable results include:
- – Increase of 30 Targeted Keyword phrases listed on page 1.
- – 99.76% increase in non-branded organic traffic*
- – 141.47% increase in new users
- – 10.08% increase in how much longer organic visitors stayed on the site
- – 89.45% performance increase in total page views by new users once arriving on the website
*Non-branded organic traffic indicates visitors who reached the website used a keyword in a search engine that did not include the name of the brand or company URL.
What We Learned:
A site overhaul with built in SEO technology & elements, when done correctly, can have a significant improvement in a website’s overall organic performance. In this case Artistic Refinishing’s improved SEO and design worked together to improve the site’s organic visibility and user experience. From this and other cases we’ve learned that the older the domain is, the better the site will perform in the search results. We found that updates designed to improve the user experience must be considered in order to both engage the visitor once they click through from the SERPs (Search Engine Rank Position). Artistic Refinishing is continuing to reap the benefits of the positive changes to their website and seo campaign.